This page holds information on some of the many projects
that we've been involved in that may be of relevance to project
partners and the wider community. The projects are grouped
into current and completed projects.
Note: for some of these projects APS may have completed its
work, but the project is still running.
- Course information aggregation with the
- MUSAPI project: development of learner services prototypes
using interoperable data sources for courses, jobs, qualifications
and competencies, working with Middlesex University and
University of Nottingham.
Xcri Search Demonstrator (AX-S)
Search Algorithm Protocol (ASAP)
Domain Mapping (ADoM)
- Mapping a vendor product's data structures to XCRI for
the University of Nottingham's Centre for International
ePortfolio Development (CIePD) as part of the
CUMULUS project (CUMULUS)
- Course Data Programme:
- Project team partners for the Course Data Projects at
Bishop Burton College, University of Bradford, Bournemouth
and Poole College, University of Nottingham and University
- Working with a number of Course Data Projects on specific
aspects of their project including, training, data mapping,
process mapping and QA. To date we have worked with City
of Bristol College, Bournemouth and Poole College, University
of Greenwich and University of Sheffield.
- Member of the Course
Data Programme Support Project Team.
- Development and revisions to the XCRI-CAP Data
Definitions document and Vocabularies Framework for
the Course Data Programme.
- Quality assurance for the XCRI-CAP
validator for the Course Data Programme.
Enhanced Learner Information for Admissions (DELIA)
Feedback to Improve Fair Admissions (EFIFA) project
for Lifelong Learning (eP4LL)
- Leading the development of the Higher Education Achievement
XML data set technical specification
- Assisting a consortium in the development of an interoperability
specification for information about competences (the
in Successful HE Admissions (PortisHEad)
- Co-authoring a scoping study for JISC Mechanisms
for Assessing the Fairness & Effectiveness of Selection
Processes in Admissions to HE
Course Collection and Aggregation Model (OCCAM)
- Technical information management and demonstration work
an ePortfolio, a JISC reference model project led by
the University of Nottingham.
- Co-authoring a landscape study for JISC Landscape
Study of Student Lifecycle Relationship Management (SRM)
- Critical Friend to a cluster in the JISC
Relationship Management Programme
- Process modelling in courses validation and curriculum
management systems for Manchester Metropolitan University,
and an associated generic statement of stakeholder requirements
for an academic courses database for JISC - "Supporting
Responsive Curricula: Establishing a Single Point of Truth".
Implementation Models (XIM)
- XCRI Knowledge Base development and maintenance
- Setting up and managing the eDelivery Programme as Programme
Manager for UCAS (2003-2005).